[TowerTalk] Velocity Factor of Insulated Wire

Roger Parsons ve3zi at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 22 09:46:32 EDT 2004

I tried to send this directly to Bill, but got
bounced, so please excuse the bandwidth here.

The real answer is between about 1% and 7% depending
on all sorts of things. That can really make quite a
difference!

Help is available on the W4RNL antenna site. If you go
there and search you will find that LB has a formula
into which you can plug your particular parameters.

I got very interested in this fairly recently when I
was making the parasitic elements for my (nearly
ready) W4RNL 7-element parasitic array, where the
lengths become quite critical, and every change
involves paying a brave, strong, insured guy to climb
up the tower!

73 Roger
VE3ZI