[TowerTalk] any engineers explain difference between

Bob Smith na6t at na6t.com
Fri Jun 25 02:00:13 EDT 2004

Hi Bill and All,

I use a warn XD9000 winch to raise and lower my Tri-ex LM470 Tower.
I've got the winch mounted on the raising frame with a pulley at the top
of the frame, then a pulley on the tower and the cable feed to it and then
back to the raising fixture. (real clear huh?, I can get you a picture if you
need it).

The cable freewheels out and when the clutch is engaged the cone brake
holds the tower in place.  With the clutch engaged the tower can be raised
and lowered using the winch switch so the brake works all the time.
  I use a 12v battery to power the winch with no problems in raising or
lowering the tower assy.

Bob
NA6T

Bob Smith
A.R.S NA6T
ARRL Life Member
Fort Bragg, California   95437

"On The Air-Conditioned Mendocino Coast, In REAL Northern California"
No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message.
However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Message: 5