[TowerTalk] Suggestions

j4976 at juno.com j4976 at juno.com
Sat Jun 26 20:13:48 EDT 2004

What model used tower would everyone suggest I look for for my first ever
tower?  I need to avoid guy wires and am interested in something heavy
duty that comes in the 65' to 100' range.

I have heard that aluminum has problems with stress fractures.  Is this
true?  Can you buy plans and have a fabricator build one locally, or is
there an engineer on the reflector who designs for hams?  Does anyone
know where to get bending strength info for various size well casing?

Also, has anyone out there used a single tower for both a wind turbine
and an antenna?

I'd like to kill 2 birds if possible.  I am in MN, so need excellent
performance to -35f.

Thanks very much in advance.