[TowerTalk] RF exposure and my neighbor

Cameron Crum ccrum at dot11net.com
Tue Jun 29 00:35:36 EDT 2004

Guys like this can be a real pain..be prepared for the worst. I've been all
over the US and South America designing cell and pcs systems and we had to
deal with these types all the time while putting up cell phone towers. I
suggest courteous non-interaction. Be polite, tell him you are in compliance
with FCC regulations and give him the data that proves it, then leave it
alone. The more you try to convince him the more he will try to oppose you.
We had people all the time bringing in all the case studies they could find
on the harmful effects of cell phone radiation. It usually turned out that
the studies were for the phones themselves and not the towers. By the way,
most newer digital cell phones, especially CDMA phones operate at below 1/4
watt (saw a post earlier that said 3/4 watt). Obviously the guy doesn't
realize that the wireless lan he bought at Radio Shack last month is
operating at the same frequency he pops his kettle corn in before sitting
down in front of his big screen projection TV while talking on yet another
2.4 GHz cordless telephone at less than 1 CM from his brain. Come to think
of it, maybe that is the problem?

Good luck.

Cameron