[TowerTalk] 160m. Inverted L noise

corneliuspaul at gmx.net corneliuspaul at gmx.net
Tue Mar 2 10:49:42 EST 2004

Hi Jose,

I guess your "flexible wire" is a multistranded wire ('"litz wire")..?

AFAIK multistranded wire can develop the following problem:
the individual tiny little wires oxidize on the surface and this oxide film
acts as little diodes in between the individual wires, which
generates the noise when those little wires rub against each other.

might be what is causing the noise on your inv L.

of course there is no problem on TXing.

I suggest you try putting up the solid wire again and see if the
problem goes away... :-(

73s
Con DF4SA