[TowerTalk] Portable operation with beam

James C. Hall, MD nwtcc at earthlink.net
Sun Mar 7 20:52:07 EST 2004

Hello:

I'm working on our club Field Day prep.  We will have a new F12 C3S to
work with and I have a question on construction.  How do DX'peditioners
package, transport, and later, construct these beams ? Surely they
don't pop rivet the whole thing and then drill them all out.  I have
imagined constructing half an element and then color-code tape the
element for later matching.  Then at the site, use a rivet without the
stem at the joint and just tape it in position.  I have transported
antennas for portable ops using thin-wall PVC tubes with caps.

Anybody have some ideas ?

73, Jamie
WB4YDL