[TowerTalk] Guys + isolators ???

Anibal Dos Ramos yy5arr at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 9 18:35:02 EST 2004

Hi All
I am planing to install a 15m tower supported with guys (5 x 3m). I am
pretty sure it is not a big deal but the place where it will be located is
veeery windy, in the other hand i dont have to much experience with this.

Based on this I have two questions:

*Guys dimensioning considering wind load, space, etc, etc
*Isolators??: I know there some ham that use to add isolators in a
"non-resonants" pieces of guys. Is it really affecting the radiatting
pattern / VSWR???

I would like to know if someone could help me providing me some interested
links, experiences, etc.

Thanks in advance!!!

Anibal
yy5arr