[TowerTalk] Fiberglass guy rods

Pete Smith n4zr at contesting.com
Thu Mar 11 13:56:20 EST 2004

At 09:20 PM 3/10/04 -0500, Peloe at aol.com wrote:

>Where can I buy some 5/8" dia rods, 8 to 10 feet long?

I think there may be some confusion here -- what is often called fiberglass 
"guy rod" is made by Polygon and comes in rolls.  It is flexible and is 
terminated with Big Grips.  There are also semi-rigid fiberglass power pole 
insulators with clevises on each end that can be bought from Joslyn 
distributors, but they typically are a bit longer -- say 14-21 feet.

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the World HF Contest Station Database
Updated 8 Mar 04 -- 2671 stations listed

More information about the TowerTalk mailing list