[TowerTalk] Getting old tubing apart

WA7VNI wa7vni at dayshaw.net
Thu Mar 11 21:18:32 EST 2004

On my 35 year old sailboat which has spent its entire life
in saltwater I've had to take a lot of very stuck stuff
apart. WD-40 works pretty well but after a few failures I
tried "PB-Blast" (a USA product) and found that it did the
trick when WD-40 didn't. "PB-Blast" is now my "magic fluid
of choice". It just seems to penetrate further and faster.
As always your mileage may vary (YMMV) but for saltwater
exposed aluminum parts it seems to have the edge. I suspect
saltwater and aluminum is pretty much the worst case yet
"PB-Blast" seems to do the job. Usual disclaimers... no
financial interest, just a happy customer etc., etc.

73
Patrick
WA7VNI