[TowerTalk] Re KT -34 tuning;

Tuva Traveler tuvaorbust at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 15 09:02:44 EST 2004

A quick, fairly comprehensive continuity check, as I remember, is to DVM
Ohms the resistance of all straps, jumpers, etc, by a single probing between
the two outer capacitor tubes that butt up close to each other, and are DC
connected, back through all the inductive loops, screw hardware, and
jumpers.  (Around 1/2 ohm is what you are looking for) The older style flat
straps I found were difficult to cinch up securely because they stretched,
and the machine screws wouldn't pull them tight enough to the tubing,
exascerbated by the liberal silicone grease applied before cinching.  We
inserted almuminum shim material to compensate.  The newly designed upgrade
kits have clamps that are much more sound, electrically.
73, de
Pat Barthelow
aa6eg at hotmail.com