[TowerTalk] Gin Pole Head / Pulley

Jason kb5urq at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 17 07:19:40 EST 2004

Looking through the archives I've found little on the specific topic of gin pole heads (I call them pulleys, but WB0W has them listed as "heads").

One idea I got was to use some a pulley from a marine supply store.  These pulleys are rated for around 1000 puonds of working force and have breaking forces in the 3000 pound range-- sufficiently strong enough to handle the Rohn 25G that I want to put up...

One problem I've run into is a good way to mount the marine pulley to the pole itself.  It appears WB0W's pole head has a build-on clamp that slides on top of the pole.  Any alternatives out there?  If you feel this is not a good/safe idea, I'd like to hear from you as well.

Thanks,

Jason
KB5URQ