[TowerTalk] Rohn HDBR48 and International Building Code

Jerry jfk at cablenet-va.com
Mon Mar 15 20:06:17 EST 2004

Greetings -
     I have a Rohn HDBX48 tower that I wish to install. The City
Engineer has come across a set of numbers in the International Building
Codes for our area in Virginia for wind load(?) 90/40. Someone has told
me that they stand for 90 mph gust and 40 mph with .5 inch of ice. The
only wind load numbers I can seem to get on this tower is 70mph at 18 sq
ft antenna. Can anyone help me with the conversion of these numbers.
Without an answer to this question, I won't be able to get a permit.

Best regards,

Jerry K.

jfk at cablenet-va.com - Please respond to this e-mail.