[TowerTalk] Lightning protection

K3BU at aol.com K3BU at aol.com
Sun Mar 21 13:32:42 EST 2004

In a message dated 3/21/04 12:56:59 PM Eastern Standard Time, k1ttt at arrl.net
writes:
That medical process has as much scientific validity as the 'draining'
of charge or 'umbrella' effect.  If you are around me and I am hit,
please ask if anyone around knows cpr.... otherwise you might as well
dig that hole 6' deep and be done with it.

Do you have data contrary to that? Is there anybody who experienced more
lightning strikes after putting up bigger antenna installations? Just because
"professionals" did not exprience it (didn't have big antennas) it can't be so?
Why would you say that? Did you try to do it, or heard of unsuccessful event
like that?
Or you just "know" better?

Like listening to media barrage of "no fat, no cholesterol" and then crying
that there is a fat epidemic, killing people, while dumping on Dr. Atkins for
showing the way to stay healthy and away for money sucking "doctors"? Been
there, done it, live to tell about it. Don't tell me about taking blood pressure
and cholesterol lowering drugs.
Once they though that Earth was flat!

Yuri, K3BU.us