[TowerTalk] Re: static cat

Bill Aycock baycock at direcway.com
Sun Mar 21 19:29:33 EST 2004

Didier- IMHO, your first paragraph has such  fundamental errors that the
rest cannot be supported. The charge on the earth side is NOT uniform over
miles; the earth is not a superconductor and has finite resistance. All
common descriptions I have seen showing the charge distributions show both
the earth and the clouds with charge, but of opposite sign. This is
contrary to your first statement.
Bill