[TowerTalk] Fiberglass UV

Joe Subich, K4IK k4ik at subich.com
Tue Mar 23 00:17:53 EST 2004

Nonsense ... I've seen commercial fiberglass antennas last
for 10+ years.  If I needed to do so I could renew A SteppIR
(even a four element antenna) for less than $250 (eight ESTs at
$30 each).  $25 per year of use ... that's a bargain.  I've
spent more than that repairing aluminum antennas that weren't
10 years old.

BTW, you might be surprised what the right coatings can do.

73,

   ... Joe, K4IK