[TowerTalk] Lightning resuscitation

K3BU at aol.com K3BU at aol.com
Tue Mar 23 20:40:40 EST 2004

In a message dated 3/23/04 7:49:19 PM Eastern Standard Time, w0hh at msn.com
writes:
>>Forgive my ignorance Yuri, but I thought Catholic priests were not allowed
to marry. Isnt it possible that your father may have invoked a higher power
to necessitate the two people? I don't believe that the human body can hold
a charge after being hit by lightning, but I do believe that one could be
temporarily paralyzed. The The actor in "The Passion of the Christ" was hit
by lightning during the filming and recovered just fine. I saw a documentary
which pointed out that many people are permanently disabled or in nursing
homes after a hit. I used to cringe every time I was outside driving the
riding mower under the tower in the spring and it would suddenly get dark,
cloudy, and a cool wind would pick up and I would hear a loud clap of
thunder. I finished in a hurry!

73, Tom W0HH<<

You are forgiven :-)
Not all Catholic priests are not allowed to marry. Byzantine (also called
Greco - or now Ukrainian) Catholic priests, before ordination they have to choose
if they stay celibate or wish to marry. They can't get married after they are
ordained. Married priest cannot become bishop or higher, but he can have
family.

I do not know if it was the ground "sucking" power or higher power. Fact is
he knew about the procedure, I guess someone discovered it by accident and it
was known. There are cases when people came back to life after being pronounced
dead. But that is matter for another reflector. The lesson is that in some
cases it might help and it is good to know and remember.

I can hold the charge, after getting out of the car leather seat, I can hold
about 1/2" of charge or spark. We are made of conductors, capacitors,
inductors, insulators, so who knows. Very complicated gizmo.

On your nursing home example I can only speculate that it might depend on the
degree or charge or current being "experienced" and how fast it was
dissipated, before the permanent damage to certain organs would result. Maybe if they
were "buried", they could have been spared of permanent damage.

Yuri, K3BU.us