[TowerTalk] optimize 20/15

Grillo's ah3c at frii.com
Wed Mar 24 05:20:55 EST 2004

Any antenna modelling gurus out there?

Sunday I had my first opportunity to put up some aluminum.  I installed a
30' pushup mast on a bluff that has significant drop off (150' vertical) of
45 degree slope.  I am taking a KLM 6 el 15 meter beam (24' boom) and
converting it to a 3-el 20/3-el 15.  The driven elements are crossconnected
such that I can use a single feed line.  Spacing between these two elements
is fixed at 8 inches.  It is partially assembled.  All elements are easily
movable along the boom for optimizing spacing.  Does anyone have a way for
me to optimize spacing and element lengths for maximum forward gain?  F/B
ratio would be interesting data, but is not impotant in this case.  Resonant
frequency should be 50 Khz above the bottom of CW bands (14050, 21050).  If
so, I would like to have that info by Saturday when I intend to do final
assembly.  My sole objective at this time is to set it up with fixed
direction to Florida in time for the Florida QSO Party.

73,
Pete