[TowerTalk] Protecting fiberglass from UV

Mark . n1lo at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 24 10:06:18 EST 2004

One inexpensive way to provide a sacrificial UV layer to fiberglass and
polymers is with a single layer of Scotch Super-33 tape. This stuff really
holds up well to UV.
I spiral-wrapped my VHF/UHF vertical, and the center splices of my Force 12
C3 this way. They've been up 5 years now.
That reminds me,  I'm due for an inspection climb this Spring. If I can
reach it, I'll try removing a section of tape from the vertical and see how
the fiberglass is doing underneath.

Anyone else tried this?

Regards,

--...MARK_N1LO...--