[TowerTalk] ? AMERITRON REMOTE COAX SWITCH

N0OEL at aol.com N0OEL at aol.com
Sat May 1 19:11:55 EDT 2004

I have three of the RCS8 switches and one of them in service for 15 years.
Not one problem.

They dont look like they will last long but talk about great performance.
I have two ganged for more than the limit of antennas they allow.    And one
used to switch radios.    You would think that with all three I would see lots
of lost on HF.   Not any I can see!
I use regular rotor cable to drive the switches and leave the two wires I
dont need open.

We also use the wireless version the RCS4 at our Club and it works great.
Been there
through Minnesota winter and didnt have any freezeup.

I only switch them through all of the positions once in a while to make sure
that the
contacts are kept from corrosion.

-Mike
K0BUD