[TowerTalk] PL-259, good ones vs. bad ones

Bill Turner wrt at dslextreme.com
Sun May 2 11:41:13 EDT 2004

On Sun, 02 May 2004 00:14:18 -0700, Jim Smith wrote:

>Hmm... my Teflon coated frying pan doesn't seem to have any problem with
>heat.  Maybe the temp is lower but I doubt it, given that the element it
>sits on is red hot.

When Teflon first became commercially available there were dire warnings
about overheating it, saying that a toxic gas would be released.  While
this is no doubt true in a strict sense, the danger seems to have been
greatly exaggerated.  I know of no home maker who has been overwhelmed
by leaving a Teflon coated pan on a hot stove.  If there were such
instances, I'm sure we would hear about them loud and clear.

--
Bill, W6WRT
QSLs via LoTW