[TowerTalk] Heliax and crankup towers

Al, N6TA n6ta at arrl.net
Sun May 2 21:53:49 EDT 2004

Ever notice those mobile TV vans that do remotes from the field and
microwave the signal back to the station?  They get their signals from their
little microwave transmitters up their telescoping mast to their directional
antenna using a corrugated feedline similar to Heliax and other similar low
loss cables.  The feedline is coiled up around the mast but the cable is
never really bent much.  In this kind of application, it is quite durable.
Doing the same to your telescoping tower might work out.
Al