[TowerTalk] MFJ 259B vs Autek VA1

Thomas Beltran tbeltran at earthlink.net
Thu May 13 00:52:14 EDT 2004

I have the RF-1 (rather than the more expensiveVA-1) and an MFJ 269, one
thing I wanted, was an analzyer for adjusting my antenna tuner (SA-2060A)
without transmitting.  With the RF-1, I couldn't turn the inductor knob
because the reading would jump all over the place - the 269 is much more
stable, I can tune the inductor, and watch the SWR change - much, much
nicer.  The RF-1 is certainly smaller, and would be nice on field day, but I
have not used it since getting the 269.  Tom W6EIJ