[TowerTalk] Rohn tower base with pier pin question

Floyd Sense sentek at sprintmail.com
Fri May 21 10:53:04 EDT 2004

In the past, I've erected Rohn 25 towers with a section embedded in the
concrete.  This time, I'm looking at the pier pin approach.  So far, I've
found references to descriptions of drilling the base concrete and
installing a pin using stainless steel expanding anchors or epoxy.  Seems to
me the easy way would have been to put the pin in when the concrete is being
poured.  You ought to be able to simply push it down where you want it, with
a few taps from a hammer.  Is that what's commonly done?

73, Floyd - K8AC