[TowerTalk] Tower Painting Question

W0UN -- John Brosnahan shr at swtexas.net
Mon May 24 19:37:07 EDT 2004

I'll just comment about the choice of paint color.  I think BLACK,
even low-gloss black is not the best choice.  Much better to
do a mid-gray color in my experience--assuming a sky background.

If you are in a pollution-free environment or at altitude I would
probably blend in a bit of blue with the gray.  Heavily wooded areas
would want green blended in with the gray.  Black is just TOO
unnatural to "disappear'--better to have some more neutral color
like gray.

73--John  W0UN