[TowerTalk] Tower Anti-Seize

K7LXC at aol.com K7LXC at aol.com
Tue May 25 14:22:57 EDT 2004

In a message dated 5/24/04 2:28:32 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
jim at walkersdomain.com writes:

> I'm planning to erect a 70 foot tower from sections of Rohn 25.  I'm seeking
>  input on what to use on tower joints to help prevent seizing at the joints.

    I just use some automotive grease - it's cheap and plentiful. OTOH if you
want the tower to be conductive for shunt-loading or slopers and such, use an
antioxidant. I don't think there are any for zinc galvanizing but some NoAlOx
or Penetrox is better than nothing.

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC
TOWER TECH -