[TowerTalk] T500 bearing and rotor placement

Rusty Richards rwb9fiu at earthlink.net
Wed May 26 11:34:18 EDT 2004

Hi
I'm new to the group and look forward to hearing other opinions on tower topics.
I have a Trylon T500 up. It came with angle brackets in the top section for placing plates under a thrust bearing and rotor in the top and middle of the top section.
Would it be better to lower the rotor down into the next section below,or is it ok in that top section?
I would also like an opinion on the antenna height above the thrust bearing. Will raising it  to 3 ft or more above the bearing have any effect on how low i should nest the rotor? The antenna is going to be a 4 element SteppIR,about 10 sq ft. Would like to have a log peridioc for the higher bands above the SteppIR,but am not committed to that.
Any ideas would be most appreciated.
Thanks
Rusty
rwb9fiu at earthlink.net