[TowerTalk] Mast material

Gene Smar ersmar at comcast.net
Thu May 27 22:24:05 EDT 2004

TT:

     I know Steve 'LXC offers Chrome Moly tubing material for masts, but I
bought mine from Special Metals (Steve didn't sell masting at that time.)
If you folks are interested, I'd suggest you check with:

Special Metals, Inc.
6406 South Eastern
Oklahoma City, OK 73149
Sales: Joe Varva
800-727-7177.

     Joe was very helpful to me in 2001 when I ordered my mast.  He arranged
for trucking and delivery right to my back yard.  As I've said before, I
used only one finger (my dialing finger) to deliver my 2 inch dia CM mast.
Price was pretty reasonable, too.

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F

P.S. Technically, pipe is NOT structural material but tubing is.  Tubing is
what you want to ask for.