[TowerTalk] Utility GND / Tower GND interconnection question

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Sun May 30 22:14:02 EDT 2004

If it were only that simple!  Lighting will go where it wants to go. If you route the
cables around the house, it's more inductance, which makes lightning more
likely to arc through the house.

Remember that the primary function of lighting protection is to discharge the
buildup of charge so that it is likely to arc and get destructive.

Note that I didn't suggest routing the strap through the house, but in the earth
under the house. In other words, the most direct path.

Jim