[TowerTalk] Shunt Feed Tower Issues

Javier yv5mbx at arrl.net
Mon Nov 1 12:47:19 EST 2004

I was using an air variable capacitor (bought from Henry Radio) to adjust my tower on 160 mts, the swr were about 1.2.

Last friday I installed a more powerfull amp (1300 watts) and after few hours of operation the capacitor arced so  along the weekend in installed a cpacitor bought as Kit from Ten-Tec but the swr it abt 2.

I have stored an old Dentron GLT-1000 Tuner. Is my understanding that the power rating of this device is abt 1000 watts, but I would like to know if using this device could be suitable to be used in 1.8 Mhz at 1300 watts.

Ideas welcome.

73's de Javier
YV5MBX