[TowerTalk] New antenna system

Jerry Keller k3bz at arrl.net
Mon Nov 8 13:13:45 EST 2004

Rob, that 1 hour response from the folks at SteppIR is pretty typical of the kind of customer
service they provide. You will never regret your decision to go with a SteppIR yagi, I've had mine
up a year and it is truly the best performing antenna I've ever had in 40+ years of hamming. I was a
little skeptical at first, especially looking at the price tag, but serious HF antennas from Force
12 and others cost big bucks too. After considering all the rest I concluded that all the other
multi-band yagis have to compromise to some extent... they may have a dozen or more elements, but
still only 2 or 3 on each band...whereas the SteppIR actually gives you a 3 element monobander on
each of those bands, tunable even within a band, PLUS you can hook it up to your radio so it will
follow along seamlessly as you tune around or change bands. I think the SteppIR concept is the most
important antenna design development since the invention of the yagi itself, and I have lots of
company... check out (and join) the SteppIR YahooGroup at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SteppIR/
and you'll find a great bunch (over 600 happy users and growing) who will be happy to answer your
questions and share info on the SteppIR antennas.
73,  Jerry K3BZ