[TowerTalk] Re: 80 Meter Hybrid Triangle Loop

Bob rgshauger at myyellowstone.net
Mon Nov 8 13:37:56 EST 2004

In my exprience, on 75 meters a half wave dipole and a full wave sloping
delta loop play quite differently.  I have both and have done countless A -
B tests between the two.  The apex height for both is about fifty feet.

I have found that early in the evening the dipole is the better of the two.
Later in the evening as the band starts to lengthen out, the sloping delta
loop definately is the best.  The loop seems to be a very effective dx
antenna.  The feed point at one of the bottom corners is the key.

Of course, YMMV...

Bob W7KD