[TowerTalk] SteppIR Yagi

Keith Dutson kjdutson at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 9 10:10:40 EST 2004

No need to bash F12, or any other reputable (still in business after several
years) ham radio dealer.  Those folks are all we have to supply us with
equipment we desire.

BTW, I offer testimonial to the quality of Force 12 riveted construction.
No wobbly elements seen with my 7 antennas over 6 years.  I dropped one Yagi
from 30 feet and the fall broke the reflector and severely bent the bracket
holding it to the boom.  The rivets were intact and tight.  To repair I
drilled out the rivets, removed the bracket, straightened in a large vise,
replaced with aluminum rivets from Lowes, and put back in service with a new
reflector received from F12 in less than a week.  The antenna was damaged
September 5 and back in service on the 19th.

Met FM owners at Dallas HamCom in 2003.  Nice folks.  They donated a 2-el to
our DXpedition to Yap last year (see
http://www.gtdx.com/dxpeditions/2003/yapPhotos.html).  Subsequently, Paul
W5PF purchased a 3-el for his home QTH, and he loves it.  It does sound good
on a local club Monday night 10 meter net.  But he also put a new Orion into
service at the same time, so who knows.

Keith NM5G
Gtdx.com webmaster