[TowerTalk] Tri-Ex tower limit switches

David Jordan wa3gin at erols.com
Wed Nov 10 13:21:08 EST 2004

The limit switches used are sold at electrical wholesale counters.  They
are heavy duty outside limit switches used in industrial applications.
Nothing fancy.  I'm sure someone on the list has the make and model
number for you. I'm at work and don't have the info here...

The clearance between the mounting bolts and the bottom tower section is
very tight be careful to mount the bolt head on the inside of the tower
so that the threaded end protrudes outward away from the sliding tower
section.  I've seen guys do it the other way and watched the moving
tower section shear off the bolts as it was cranked upward (it makes a
mess and scares the hell out of the tower operator).

73,
dave
wa3gin