[TowerTalk] Force 12

ChetMoore ChetMoore at cox.net
Wed Nov 10 15:50:53 EST 2004

My C31XR came with the insulators/spacers.  After seeing some comments about
big winds whipping elements around.  I noticed that if i worked at it and
while the antenna was on the groound that I could still make the 20/15 DE's
touch, I fabricated a second set out of fiberglass glass  and installed it
further out toward the end of the 15M DE.
 Price of making this?   about $1.00 since I had to buy the plexiglas at
home depot.   I doubt the wind would ever have caused a problem but for a
buck I decided not to take the chance.

I am as happy with my C31 as Jerry is with his  stepIR.  I too will consider
a stepIR when i see one survive a winter on top of W3LPL's 200 foot tower an
a full year of heavy duty contesting.  Personally, I hope none of you guys
buy a C31 cause i don't need the competition

73

Chet N6ZO

Chet  N6ZO