[TowerTalk] Polishing a plastic meter face to remove scratches?

Floyd Sense fsense at copper.net
Fri Nov 12 07:52:24 EST 2004

Richard - you can buy polishing kits made for plastic - think the brand was
Novis or Novus.  For several years I've used Mothers brand "Mag and Aluminum
Polish", available from Advance Auto Parts stores in our area.  It's a white
paste that does an amazing job on meter faces and other shiny plastic parts.
You can also use it to restore the sheen to small metal parts, such as screw
heads.  I find that a back and forth linear polishing motion works much
better than a circular motion and doesn't leave noticeable marks.  I
strongly advise you to resist the urge to use any sort of power equipment
when doing this job.  The surface may heat up too much and permanently
damage the plastic.

K8AC