[TowerTalk] KLM KT-34A

David Hachadorian K6LL at adelphia.net
Sat Nov 13 17:48:32 EST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "jerrybale" <jerrybale at yahoo.com>
To: <towertalk at contesting.com>
Sent: Saturday, November 13, 2004 3:03 PM
Subject: [TowerTalk] KLM KT-34A

I have been toting around the KLM-34A in the box (never
opened) since 1986 waiting for that one day where space
isn't a problem. Now the space is available, plans are
to put it on a tower this coming spring. My question
is:  is it worth the time and effort to erect a tower
and place this vintage antenna to use?

-----------------------------

Absolutely!

My KT-34XA works quite well, and a nearby ham has a
34A.  When we get on and compare signal reports, nobody
can tell any difference.

Just make sure your 16" long capacitor tubes have a
wall thickness of .049" (same as the shorter 10M
tubes). If yours measure .058", call M-squared to get
the correct ones.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ