[TowerTalk] ICE Suppressor Placement?

Pat Chiles chilesp at adelphia.net
Tue Nov 16 19:48:05 EST 2004

I have purchased 4 ICE devices for my new tower installation.  I was under the impression that they should be mounted just before the shack on a bulkhead close to the ground rod.  The purpose, I thought, was to keep the lghtening out of the shack.  The ICE instructions say that the best place to mount them is inside near the equipment and single point ground bulkhead, after the amp, and preferably before the tuner.  Is this how others are doing it?

Pat, K8PC