[TowerTalk] Comtek box

kb9cry at comcast.net kb9cry at comcast.net
Thu Nov 18 10:07:16 EST 2004

I really don't want to get into a big discussion about this and I understand all about the inaccuracies of S meters.  I should have qualified this part as I have done receiving tests using the rig S meter and notice a large difference between the single vertical and the array.  Gain numbers were derived using on the air transmitting to EU stations and interpretting their received results.  Many inaccuracies I agree but they also notice a large difference between the two.  So I conclude that maybe the Comtek box/system is not optimized, and that is beyond my capabilities, but it is doing something and I like it.  Phil KB9CRY