[TowerTalk] 8X center migration in a coax choke?

Rob Atkinson, K5UJ k5uj at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 18 10:22:03 EST 2004

thanks Steve, i looked at the radioworks 8X solid stuff--they say it has
same center as foam except the copper is tinned.   I think the shield is
tinned also.   I'm also looking at using 213.   On a 16" diameter coil form
(a small garbage bucket from home depot) I calculate the L for 100' of 213
would be 192 uH.  it seems to me that that would get the job done on 160,
get the feed closer to 1/2 w.l. + no worries at QRO with high swr.
73,
rob/k5uj