[TowerTalk] I.C.E. Products waterproofing

Alan C. Zack k7acz at cox.net
Thu Nov 18 11:44:46 EST 2004

I have just received my recent order of I.C.E. coax Suppressors
including the Model 349 Rotor control wire protector.
I will be installing these at the base of my tower using the ICE 318-4
mounting fixture.  My tower is grounded using a linked three point
(120 degree) 10 ft ground rod UFER ground system.

Since the suppressors will be exposed to the elements I wonder if some
of you may share the methods you may use to waterproof the coax and
rotor cable screw connections.  My plan is to coat the connections
with a product called liquid tape then cover them with the commercial
grade of coax-seal.  Would anyone have experience on how this method
holds up to ultraviolet exposure that is part of living in the
cloudless skies of the Las Vegas valley?

TIA & 73

Alan Zack
Amateur Radio Station K7ACZ
Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
Quality Engineer, The Boeing Company, Retired
SEMPER PARATUS
http://www.gocoastguard.com
http://www.uscg.mil/d14/units/asbp/uscgasbp/
DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY