[TowerTalk] K6STI Receiving loop question

Dave Quick k0ekl at arrl.net
Thu Nov 18 13:47:17 EST 2004

I recently put up a K6STI loop for 80m. It's about 8 feet off the ground
and built according to the plans in the Sep. 95 issue of QST. It's 21
feet on each side and I used 450 ladder (window) line and a 77 mix
ferrite bead for the transformer.

My problem is that I can't get the SWR below about 3:1 or so. I do get a
dip as I adjust the cap, but never below 3:1. I'm guessing that I need
to adjust the turns ratio of the transformer, which is 4 turns to 10
turns as the QST article specifies, but I'm not sure which way to go
with the turns ratio.

Does anyone have an advise for me?

Thanks.

Dave Quick K0EKL