[TowerTalk] Re: Tower Installation

KJ0M kj0m at mchsi.com
Thu Nov 18 16:26:12 EST 2004

Alan C. Zack wrote:

>Could anyone suggest
>a book, manual, or web site that shows how to loop coax and rotor
>control lines on crank ups?  The tower came with coax stand offs at
>each tower section for this purpose.  What is the preferred method of
>attaching cables to these stand offs?  How do you determine how large
>of a loop to use?

I just let cables hang loose and coil up on the ground when the tower
is cranked down. The cable lays in a nice little pile at the base of
the tower when lowered and you don't need to worry about loop
lengths. The coax standoffs just keep the cables from getting tangled
in the tower when going up or down. YMMV, but it works for me.

de KJ0M
Jim
._._.