[TowerTalk] Halogen Bulbs - 1.8 Mhz RFI

Floyd Sense fsense at copper.net
Thu Nov 25 14:46:07 EST 2004

Javier - It sounds as if you are using low voltage halogen lamps - is that
right?  Chances are that it is the power supply responsible for the noise,
not the bulbs themselves.  I have 120 VAC halogen bulbs all over my house
and not a whisper of noise.  I understand that some of the low voltage
halogen fixtures are using switching power supplies and if that is what you
have, I doubt that there is much you can do to silence them.

K8AC