[TowerTalk] Halogen Bulbs - 1.8 Mhz RFI

Pete Smith n4zr at contesting.com
Fri Nov 26 15:28:05 EST 2004

At 03:00 PM 11/26/2004, Jim Lux wrote:
>I haven't tried it, but has anyone taken some hideously RFI generating
>widget (that shouldn't) and tried to return it to a mass market retailer
>(Wal-Mart, Home Depot)?  I imagine they'd just take it, no questions asked
>(it's not worth it to ask questions), but I wonder if there's any mechanism
>to even follow up on it.

I've done it, and no questions were asked.  I told them what the problem
was, but there was zero interest.

I suspect somebody, somewhere is following the percentage of returns on
given items, but that's probably about it.  With the sort of junk that's
being sold, RFI-related returns are probably a tiny minority.

73, Pete N4ZR