[TowerTalk] adjusting insulated wire dipole

Ken Kinyon w7ts at comcast.net
Tue Nov 30 13:06:12 EST 2004

I am building a trapped inverted vee from insulated wire.  I expect that
there will a lot of length adjustment to be done on each segment before I am
happy with the center frequencies.
My thought is to leave extra wire (still insulated)  folded back along the
length of the segment and clamp it.  I seems to me that this should act like
capacitive end loading on each segment and increase the electrical length.
Is this correct?  Is the amount enough to be significant?
Thanks,
Ken W7TS

Kenneth E.  Kinyon
34 Princeton Circle