[TowerTalk] Three Fixed Tri-Band Beams on One Tower?

RICHARD BOYD ke3q at msn.com
Sat Oct 9 21:52:25 EDT 2004

Here's a thought:

1.  Choose which of the three you like best.
2.  Trade or sell the two others for one more like the one you like.
3.  Stack those two antennas, one at 30' and the other at 60'.
    - 60' just isn't tall enough for stacking all three at, say, 20'
separation,
        to be very much worth doing.  Stacking just two should work as well
or better.

I'm not sure I understood it, but it sounded like you were saying you might
put them all at the same height, but pointed in 3 directions.  I doubt that
would work well.  Being that close there would be lots of interaction; each
would be distorting the pattern of each of the others, and it would be
cumbersome mechanically, at best, anyway.

- Alternative, take the tower up to, say, 90' and then you could stack 3
antennas 30' apart each.

73 - Rich, KE3Q