[TowerTalk] Replacing coax question

Tower (K8RI) tower at rogerhalstead.com
Mon Oct 11 18:13:36 EDT 2004

There are still more possibilities.

One is to use LMR-400 flex all the way.  It would still have less loss
than regular or foam RG-8.  The flex version of LMR-400 is about the
same loss as 9913 and it used to be a bit less expensive.

Another possibility for the pigtail connections would be to use a
male/female connection thus eliminating the barrel connector.  This is
what I did at the top of my tower where I have 4 pigtails.  OTOH my over
all run length for each of the 4 is 228 feet.

Tom Martin wrote:

>I am replacing a 90' length of RG8 water damaged coax to my 40 meter beam.  I have LMR 400 for the main run up the tower but want to use a RG8 section for the rotator loop.

<snip>

--
Roger Halstead (K8RI ARRL Life Member)
Worlds Oldest Debonair (N833R S# CD-2)