[TowerTalk] Interference Problem

Cameron Crum ccrum at dot11net.com
Sat Oct 16 00:08:59 EDT 2004

As one of these WISP's myself  I can tell you that 30 miles will be a
stretch even if you do have LOS from the top of your tower, unless they
operating illegally or they are going to put an 8 ft dish on your tower
which would also be illegal. Max output in the unlicensed 2.4 Ghz is 36 dBm
point to multipoint. Even if they give you a dedicated link there is still a
ration of antenna gain to power reduction they must follow making unlikely
that a 30 mile link will work with any reliability if at all. I'd be more
concerned with what they are going to put up and wheter or not it is
operating under the part 15 rules or not.

Cameron