[TowerTalk] Vertcal Dipole

K0PYK k0pyk at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 17 06:28:38 EDT 2004

Tower Talk'ers,
Has any made a vertical dipole (lets say for 20
meters) where it is end fed with coax. I will try and
explain my thoughts;
* top half of radiator, i.e., 1/2 of dipole is a
single 14 guage wire.
* bottom half of dipole would be coax...the center
conductor would feed the top half inside the braid.
* the bottom half of vertical dipole would be the
outside braid of the coax.
* the bottom half of the dipole would be fed from the
bottom and end where the top half starts.
* a decoupling device may be needed at the bottom of
the dipole...1-1 balun???.
* I realize that normally dipoles are fed in the
center.
* A person could use some type of tubing for the
bottom half and still feed it in the center, but I was
looking for something that would be portable and you
could just hang up vertically or horizontally.
I look forward to your thoughts.
Thanks in advance,
Tom, K0PYK