[TowerTalk] New Member - Need help with an antenna design

Tim Holmes W8TAH at Zoominternet.net
Thu Oct 21 15:06:02 EDT 2004

Hi Folks

I'm trying to put some work into my antenna system before winter really
gets going, and I am looking to redsign my multi-band dipole.  I am
strongly considering a fan type dipole cut for the center of the General
band on 80, 40, 20, 15, 10.  I use and IC706MKIIG, and have LDG AT11mp
(I think) auto tuner.

The antenna will be hung roughtly north south at about 30 feet, and will
have a 20 degree dogleg to the west in the north half.

I realize that a dipole is nowhere as good as a beam etc, but I cant put
up a beam, and I can put up a dipole, so I need some suggestions, or
links to plans etc.

Thanks for your time

Tim Holmes
Amateur Extra Operator